During Daytona Beach's annual Easter Run, I became overheated, dizzy, and passed out. A beachgoer saw me stumble and caught me before I hit the ground. Luckily the beach patrol and ambulance were close by. I regained consciousness, but was unable to coherently communicate any important information to the emergency personnel. Because I was so disoriented, I refused treatment or transportation. It was at that moment that they saw my Road ID and called the emergency number.
My husband, who was waiting for me at the finish line, answered his cell phone and authorized immediate transportation to the hospital emergency room. Thanks to my Road ID, I received prompt medical care. I have recovered completely and now tell all my running friends that Road ID is a must have!