I’m not big on New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve always thought they were a bit corny and tad cliché. But, I’ve got some things I want to achieve in 2022…and sharing them with you will help keep me accountable to them. So, at the risk of over-sharing, here are my 2022 resolutions:
- Read (or listen to) sixteen books…twice. (listed below)
- 46 “Wednesday Wimmer Dinners” - a night out with the family, no devices, no distractions, choice of restaurant rotates between our four family members. My 7-year-old has expensive taste #nervous.
- Compete in at least 5 bike races (including the Pisgah Stage Race and the Swiss Epic).
- Ride my bike (road, mountain, or basement trainer) at least 208 days (4ish days/week average).
- 11,000 pull-ups/chin-ups (30ish/day).
Books (referenced above):
- The New Testament, New International Version
- Good To Great, Jim Collins
- Turning the Flywheel, Jim Collins
- The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive, Patrick Lencioni
- Traction, Gino Wickman
- Rocket Fuel, Gino Wickman & Mark C. Winters
- Get a Grip, Gino Wickman & Mike Paton
- Hot to be a Great Boss, Gino Wickman & Rene Boer
- The EOS Life, Gino Wickman
- What the Heck is EOS, Gino Wickman & Tom Bouwer
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- Business Made Simple, Donald Miller
- Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Vivid Vision, Cameron Herald
- Fierce Conversations, Susan Scott
Books (added since I made the list above):
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results, Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- the Five Temptations of a CEO, Patrick Lencioni