Within 10 minutes I was passed out on the roadside

by ROAD iD Staff May 21, 2021

My wife decided to purchase a Road ID for me while watching the Ironman World Championship on TV. I've been an avid runner for 20+ years and a triathlete for 10 but had never run into trouble. Unbelievably, at mile 2 of a solo training run, I began to experience facial swelling, and in less than 10 minutes was passed out on the shoulder of the road! I barely had an opportunity to call a buddy with my location before I went out. He got me to the hospital where my Road ID detailed my information. It turns out I suffered "Exercise induced anaphylaxis". I now train with an Epi-pen, my cell, AND my Road ID. Thanks for your product. I'm grateful my wife saw your add on last year's Ironman telecast, and I plan to wear my Road ID at this years Ironman in Hawaii.

- James .B from Layfayette, LA