Race Day Giveaway Terms and Conditions
THE ROAD iD RACE DAY GIVEAWAY
Legally, we’re required to issue and adhere to a fancy legalistic set of terms and conditions. Our general philosophy, however, is far simpler than all the legal speak our attorneys so kindly drafted below. Simply put, we will run this Giveaway with all the integrity and morality that you would expect from us. It’s that simple. Also, we absolutely refuse to share your personal information with any unauthorized business, organization, or individual. We promise.
Edward Wimmer & Erin Eimer
Owners, ROAD iD
The ROAD iD Race Day Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) starts at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). The Giveaway is sponsored by ROAD iD, Inc., 35 W 8th Street, Covington, KY 41011 (“Sponsor”) and is subject to all applicable federal, state, local, provincial and territorial laws of the United States and Canada, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
- NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and legal residents of the nine (9) Canadian Provinces not named Quebec who are 18 years of age or older as of September 1, 2018. The Giveaway is NOT eligible to residents of Quebec. In order to enter the Giveaway or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER ONLINE: There is only one (1) way to participate in the Giveaway during the Promotional Period which allows for multiple contest entries by an individual, which is identified here. Automatic Entry in the ROAD iD Race Day Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) for both the Grand Prize drawing and Runner-Up drawing (No Purchase Necessary): To receive one (1) entry, visit www.ROADiD.com/Win (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period and completely fill out all required fields on the entry form and submit it to the Website (the “Entry”). Required fields include First Name, Email Address, and ROAD iD Contest Code. Contest Codes are printed on ROAD iD Race Bibs that race directors receive from the ROAD iD Event Sponsorship Program. Limit one (1) entry per bib/Contest Code. A Contest Code can be used one (1) time only, and cannot be redeemed by more than one (1) email address. Limit five (5) entries per email address during each month of the Promotion Period. Each entry must use a unique Contest Code, from a different bib, that has never previously been redeemed. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on the final day of each month to qualify for that month’s Grand Prize and Runner-Up drawings. A Grand Prize and Runner-Up prize will be awarded every month during the Promotion Period, and the total number of monthly entries will reset to zero (0) on the first day of each month. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Website will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- HOW TO ENTER BY MAIL: To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: You may enter the Giveaway via U.S. Mail by hand-printing your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), email (if applicable), and the Contest Code from your race bib on a 3” x 5” card, and mailing it in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: ROAD iD Race Day Giveaway, P.O. Box 17350, Erlanger, KY 41017. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the prize drawings. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2018 and received by December 19, 2019 in order to be eligible for the monthly drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry must contain a unique Contest Code and be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped outer envelope and are subject to five (5) entries per month. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: ROAD iD will select monthly Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners from all eligible entries received in each calendar month during the Promotion Period by drawing on the first day of the following month. Prize winners will be notified via email within 48 hours of each monthly drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries an individual submits and the total number of eligible entries received. In the event the potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Giveaway and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at ROAD iD’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
- PRIZES: The actual retail value of each of the monthly prizes is as follows: one (1) $1,000 REI Gift Card for the Grand Prize, one (1) $500 REI Gift Card for the Runner-Up. All prize details are at the sole discretion of ROAD iD. No substitution or transfer of prizes except in ROAD iD’s sole discretion; if any advertised prize becomes unavailable, ROAD iD may award a substitute of comparable value. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged) and are not entitled to receive any prize won until they have complied with ROAD iD’s request for information required to register the prize and winner’s identity with the Internal Revenue Service. By accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges that ROAD iD has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- NOTICE OF WINNER: The Giveaway prize winners (first name, last initial, and general location) will be posted on the Website each month during the Promotion Period. To receive a list of the winners after 12/31/19 by mail, send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed, to: Race Day Giveaway, PO Box 17350, Erlanger, KY 41017.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Giveaway, you release ROAD iD, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (collectively, “claims”) arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway or acceptance, possession, use, misuse of the prize if awarded to you including, without limitation, claims related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Entrants and winners (as applicable) assume sole liability and accept all risk of loss for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Giveaway or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of the prize.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and federal courts in Kenton County, Kentucky; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kentucky without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.