Holiday Terms & Conditions
ROAD iD 2021 $200 eCard Drawing
Legally, we're required to issue and adhere to a fancy legalistic set of terms and conditions. Our general philosophy, however, is far simpler than all the legal speak that our attorneys so kindly drafted (below). Simply, we will run this drawing with all the integrity and morality that you would expect us to. It's that simple. Also, we absolutely refuse to share your personal information with any unauthorized business, organization, or individual. We promise.
Edward Wimmer & Erin Eimer
Owners, ROAD iD.
The ROAD iD 2021 $200 eCard Drawing (the “Drawing”) starts at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on NOVEMBER 16, 2021 and ends at 3:00 AM PT on DECEMBER 3rd, 2021 (the "Promotion Period"). The Drawing is sponsored by ROAD iD, Inc., 814 Washington Street, Covington, KY 41011 (“Sponsor”) and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Drawing is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are 18 years of age or older as of NOVEMBER 16th, 2021. In order to enter the Drawing or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is a total of one way to participate in the Drawing during the Promotional Period which allows for a single Drawing entry by an individual, which is identified here:
1.) Automatic Entry to Win the Drawing by email subscription Subscription (No Purchase necessary): To receive one (1) entry into the Drawing visit the Website during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions on one of our on-site pop-ups or Drawing webpage to submit your email address entry using the application provided. Entries must be received by 3:00:00 am PT on DECEMBER 3rd, 2021. Limit of one (1) entry per promotion period. Entrant must be the registered owner of the email address from which the entry is made. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant’s first entry during the specified Promotion Period will count. No third-party entry or entry through sweepstakes service permitted. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: ROAD iD will select one (1) Drawing Winner during the Promotion Period from all eligible Drawing entries after the Drawing ends. One (1) potential winner of the eCard will be selected in a random drawing on or about DECEMBER 10th, 2021, from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries an individual submits and the total number of eligible entries received. The potential eCard winner will be notified by U.S Mail, telephone, or e-mail on or about DECEMBER 10th, 2021. In the event the potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Drawing and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at ROAD iD’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
5. PRIZES: One (1) eCard winner will receive one (1) eCard valued up to and not exceeding $200 USD. Prizes may be altered at any time at ROAD iD’s sole discretion. ROAD iD will not assume any responsibility or liability for any property damage or injury arising from winner's use of any item awarded or paid for in connection with the eCard.
Additional prizes may be added. No substitution or transfer of prize except in ROAD iD’s sole discretion; if any advertised prize becomes unavailable, ROAD iD may award a substitute of comparable value. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
6. ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: By accepting a eCard, the winner acknowledges that ROAD iD have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. All winners may be required to complete certain IRS forms in order to accept a prize.
8. NOTICE OF WINNER; FUTURE Drawing/DrawingS: The eCard winner may be posted on the Website on or about DECEMBER 10th, 2021. To receive a list of the winner after DECEMBER 10th, 2021 by mail, send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed, to: ROAD iD 2021 eCard Drawing, 814 Washington St, Covington, KY 41011.
9. GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Drawing, you release ROAD iD, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (collectively, “claims”) arising out of or in connection with the Drawing or acceptance, possession, use, misuse of the prize if awarded to you including, without limitation, claims related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Each entrant and winner (as applicable) assume sole liability and accept all risk of loss for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Drawing or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of the prize.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by entering, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and federal courts in Kenton County, Kentucky; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Drawing, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE IMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kentucky without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.