MISSION FOR THE POSITION
ROAD iD is a company that embraces our "Why" - to save lives, provide peace of mind, and fuel adventure. The mission of the Messaging Strategist is to help us say the right things, to the right people, at the right time across Email, SMS, Push, Messenger, and Direct Mail. The goal of our messaging is to communicate our purpose-driven story to our subscribers in a manner that strengthens awareness and engagement.AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
The Messaging Strategist will own promotional and transactional messages across the following channels: Email, SMS, Push, Messenger, and Direct Mail. This includes messaging generated for roadid.com, myroadid.com, amazon.com, events.roadid.com, partner registration platforms, the ROAD iD app, and dogid.com (launching Q2 2020). WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll set the Messaging Strategy
for our promotional and transactional communications. In other words, you determine how and when we engage with our audience segments. To this end, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Messaging Calendar & Cadence
- Messaging Segmentation
- Messaging Journey: Creation, Maintenance, and Visualization
- Defining the value and purpose of each message the journey
You’ll own our Contact Acquisition Strategy
. In other words, you’ll be setting the plan for how we grow and nurture our lists. You’ll set goals...then devise tactics and executions in order to attain those goals for each messaging channel (Email, SMS, Push, Messenger, and Direct Mail)
You’ll set our Testing Strategy
. We believe in the adage “if it ain’t broke, break it.” To that end, you’ll set a plan for continual optimization of messaging.
You’ll be responsible for Messaging Reporting & Insights
. You’ll prepare and share detailed performance reporting with the team.
You’ll be the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for our Messaging Partners
. You’ll evaluate and study each platform so that we can get the most out of these relationships. Our current platforms include:
THE KPIs THAT MATTER
- Email: Klaviyo
- SMS: Attentive
- Messenger: ManyChat, ShopMessage, Facebook
- Push Notifications: Push Owl
- Website Modal Acquisition: Justuno and Attentive
- Direct Mail: None Currently
WHO YOU ARE (the ideal candidate)
- List growth
- Unsubscribe Rate
- Revenue Per Contact / by Channel
- Total Revenue from owned media
- Open Rate, Click Rate
Others will describe you as capable - a real go-getter (yes, that sounds corny). You are someone that knows how to grab the ball and run with it. You have passion for getting things done and a bias towards action. You’re proactive and build excitement within teams. People describe you as creative, analytical, and fun. You can take minimal direction and set a course of action. If this is you...and you can provide verifiable examples in your career where you’ve done this...then we need you...and we think you need us.
In addition to this, you have (and will be able to demonstrate) the following:
WHO WE ARE (what we believe)
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience with a background in ecommerce or acquisition and retention marketing.
- 2+ years of email messaging experience.
- Examples of how you’ve employed a data-driven, rapid testing mindset to interpret test results and translate conclusions into actionable changes.
- A passion for outbound communications and a desire to be a Messaging Expert. To that end, you’ll demonstrate a natural motivation for continuous improvement by 1) leveraging your natural curiosity to test assumptions 2) analyzing data to make improvements 3) being intentional with your inherent goal to stay abreast of the latest messaging trends, strategies, and tactics.
- A love for eCommerce and online shopping. You enjoy analyzing messaging journeys that others are employing as they might inspire your next messaging improvement.
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to be responsive to changing priorities and emerging business needs.
- An eye for the small stuff. It’s the details that make a good company great.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Things that might make you stand out:
- Strong Copywriting Skills
- Design or Creative Talent
- Project Management Chops
- At ROAD iD, we don’t make widgets. We make a difference. The daily testimonials we receive from our customers keep us motivated to work towards our Dream: To see the day when wearing ID is as common as strapping on a seatbelt.
- We believe that we are a great company - made this way by great people.
- We believe it’s important to provide a fun, casual, team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Team members must also come to grips with the fact that, at ROAD iD, every member of the team is provided the opportunity to make real and significant contributions. In fact, you might say that we expect it.
- We believe that “word of mouth” has always been, and will always be, the most important marketing lever. To that end, it is imperative that we deliver a Product, Service, and Journey (including messaging journey) so blindingly awesome that our customers can’t help but share it.
- We believe that customers don’t want to do business with businesses. Rather, they want to do business with people. So, at every touchpoint, we try to talk and behave like real people.
- We believe in keeping things “elegantly simple.”
- We believe in moving fast and embracing mistakes.
- We believe in giving a percentage of EVERY order to charity. Our current charity partner is 4 Paws for Humanity.
- Our perks include: Matching IRA, strong PTO policy, Health/Dental/Vision package, $25K life and AD&D insurance, Free long-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays.
This is a full-time position based in Covington, KY. You will report to the Head of Marketing and work directly with the Creative Director, Ecommerce Director, and the CEO. Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to MarketingJobs@RoadID.com
. Be sure to answer the following question in your cover letter: What's your favorite mythical creature and why?